Above It All
AJAL TULUM TREE HOUSE BOUTIQUE HOTEL
Ajal Tulum is a serene, adults-only, off-the-grid tree house village hotel nestled in the mystical Mayan tropical forest of Tulum, Mexico.
Comprised of 4 deluxe private tree houses, bar & restaurant, jungle observation tower and short stroll to Cenote Escondido, this magical property is the perfect getaway.
Suspended in the canopy 10 to 16 feet above the jungle floor, each of our Tree Houses feature:
- Private and tranquil accommodations – each tree house is built at least 50 ft from one another ensuring privacy
- Tree house sizes from 430 sq ft to 645 sq ft
- Expansive, private balcony with lounge chairs and dining table for 2
- Comfortable king or queen sized beds with large canopy
- En-suite bathrooms with bidet
- Large screened windows and doors
- Private, open-air rainfall shower for two
- High vaulted palapa ceilings with fans
- Gorgeous polished hardwood floors
- Key lock safe for valuables
- Free hi-speed internet
- Multiple power outlets
- Amazing on-site bar and restaurant with demonstration kitchen
- Breakfast includes coffee, juice, eggs, toast, fresh fruit.
OUR OWN WATER SOURCES
Unusually close to the surface, rivers of sacred Mayan waters flow supplying Ajal with mineral rich super clean H2O. We tap into the underground freshwater system below our property.
Our energy comes from the solar panels installed on top of the watch tower above the canopy. The energy is stored in a battery bank located in the power shed at the base of the watch tower.
WASTE MANAGEMENT & COMPOST
In addition to having our own compost system, each tree house, public restrooms and restaurant have their own subterranean eco-friendly bio-digester so no pollutants escape into the ground or water ways.
LOCALLY SOURCED MATERIALS
Our buildings are made of locally sourced materials. Wood, stone and “coco-crete”, an innovative twist on traditional earthy building material.
Conveniently located close to world-famous, white sands Caribbean beaches of Tulum, ancient Mayan Ruins, world class cave diving, Kaan Luum Lagoon, Sian Ka’an UNESCO World Heritage Biosphere Reserve and award-winning restaurants
We are just 3 miles (5 km) from the center of town and 400 yards from Cenote Escondido, site of world class cave diving.